The Spyderco Paramilitary 2 is a foldable knife that’s ideal for military use and any other outdoor activity. Coming from Spyderco, the product has been in the market for some time and is now available online. It’s slightly longer than 8 inches when opened with the blade portion measuring around 3.4 inches.
Spyderco is definitely one of the more popular names today when it comes to knives. The company is involved in producing a wide array of blades including survival knives. The company has been manufacturing knives capable of passing military standards for years.
- Design – the knife is beautiful with a shape that’s a cross between classic and innovative. The hole for picking it up from the fold is very functional and big enough to fit with gloves.
- Blade – the blade is made from S30V steel which is very good. It’s highly durable and made to last even after years of rough outdoor use. The edge of the blade is very sharp and perfect for cutting rope, clearing off twigs, skinning fresh game, and more. Throughout the different trials, the Spyderco Paramilitary 2 blade managed to stand its ground and provide satisfactory results. Note though that even if made from a high-quality blade, this particular model needs to be well-maintained to avoid rusting.
- Blade Tip – the blade tip is a little thin which can be a problem for users who like prying things open. It’s best to start off easy with this blade tip since there’s a chance of it breaking off. After several “trials,” however, the tip remained intact with the rest of the blade.
- Handle – the handle offers a very grip-friendly curve with a rough surface that ensures safety. The handle manages to balance the blade perfectly which makes for very easy swinging action for the user.
- Flip – the Spyderco Paramilitary 2 doesn’t come with a sheath but can be folded into the handle for protection. The deployment motion is very smooth and takes a fraction of a second to accomplish. It’s ideal for emergency needs, allowing users to respond automatically when there’s a requirement for the blade.
- Lock – although the blade deployment is very smooth, users wouldn’t have to worry that it will accidentally slot back in the handle. The Spyderco Paramilitary 2 comes with a very effective lock that keeps the blade rigid when deployed, making it safe when finally used.
- Clip – the clip for attaching the blade is simple yet undoubtedly effective. The shape is perfect and works well with the texture of the handle, providing a very firm grip when used. For those who prefer it in their pockets, this is okay too as long as the space is tight enough to keep the blade intact. What’s great about the clip is that it allows multiple mounting methods – with the tip up, tip down, right and left.
Spyderco Paramilitary 2 Review from Users
The Spyderco Paramilitary 2 has definitely gotten good reviews from many buyers. What most people loved about the model, however, is its cost which is competitive in the current market. Some reviewers have noted that the knife is a little bigger than usual but the deployment options make it easier to carry around.
Spyderco Paramilitary 2 Conclusion
To wrap it up, the Spyderco Paramilitary 2 offers an impressive combination of style, durability, and effectiveness with its very sharp blade. Considering the different features of the item as well as user feedback, it’s safe to give this particular model a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. The price, simplicity, and good quality make it a good knife for beginners.
[schema type=”review” rev_name=”Spyderco Paramilitary 2″ author=”Roger B. Blackburn” user_review=”4″ min_review=”0″ max_review=”5″ ]