The Spyderco Bushcraft G-10 is a knife specifically designed for outdoor use. The knife is of portable size and ideal for going through the bushes and for handling game. A product of Spyderco, this particular knife is currently available online. This Spyderco Bushcraft G-10 review will discuss the manufacturer, the knife’s features, and user reviews.
The reputation of Spyderco as a manufacturer of survival knives is very good. Based within the United States, the company creates all types of knives such as folding knives, serrated knives, pocket knives and more. They have collaborated with various companies and have also released military-issue knives for professional use.
The Spyderco Bushcraft G-10 offers an array of features for its users:
- O-1 Steel – the blade is made from one of the toughest steels available. It comes with high carbon content, creating a durable blade that can withstand different types of usage. The tip is also highly durable and doesn’t break even when used exclusively. The edge is very sharp and can remain that way even after years of abuse. Note though that the steel is not corrosion-resistant which means that you need to keep it well-oiled to prevent rust.
- Sheath – the sheath is of perfect fit and highly durable. It’s easy enough to strap and ensures that the sharp edge protects the user from harm. The sheath is made of black leather which protects the blade from all kinds of weather.
- Handle – the handle fits wonderfully on the palm of the hand and provides a very firm grip. The grooves on the surface increase the hold of the user, providing an additional safety measure.
- Easy sharpening – the blade features a Scandinavian grind that makes it easy to revive the sharpness of the blade. Users don’t have to worry about it getting dull too fast, though, since the knife manages to retain its edge long-term.
- Heavy and well-balanced – the weight of the knife might prove to be a drawback for some people although this makes it a good working tool. The heavy weight allows for more power for work, especially since it will be used outdoors. Despite being heavy, the blade and handle are perfectly balanced, allowing an easy swinging motion for the user.
- Small Size – the overall length of the knife is 8.75 inches with the cutting edge around 3.9 inches. It’s the ideal length and width for easy carriage. Since it comes with a sheath, users can simply slip the knife on their person or strap it to somewhere easily accessible. The small size makes it the perfect companion for different outdoor trips.
- Warranty – the product also comes with a warranty although it’s limited. Buyers of the knife are advised to read all the details provided after buying the item to know the coverage of their warranty.
Spyderco Bushcraft G-10 Review from Users
Based from the response of buyers regarding this product, it’s safe to say that they’ve gotten the exact results they’ve wanted from the Spyderco Bushcraft G-10. What most of the users liked about the product was the well-balanced build, making handling easy.
Note though that this particular blade is specifically made for right-handed individuals. Hence, left-handed buyers might want to think twice before choosing to purchase this product. The use of right-handed tools by a left-handed person can prove to be dangerous or difficult at the very least.
Spyderco Bushcraft G-10 Conclusion
This Spyderco Bushcraft G-10 review gives the product a rating of 4 stars out of 5. The score is due to the fact that the blade is not rust-resistant. With just a bit of oil on a regular basis, however, this particular survival knife is a good companion in the wilderness.
[schema type=”review” rev_name=”Spyderco Bushcraft G-10″ author=”Roger B. Blackburn” user_review=”4″ min_review=”0″ max_review=”5″ ]